Know you want new flooring, but you aren’t sure if you should try installing it yourself? In this short guide, we’ll discuss some of the pros and cons of DIY floor installation.
DIY Floor Installation – Pros
- Save money – Obviously, the biggest advantage of installing a floor yourself is the money you save. Going DIY, you only pay with time and cost of supplies.
- Pride – There is a satisfaction that comes with completing a project yourself. Big projects like a floor installation will give you a sense of accomplishment each time you see your new floor.
- Move at your own pace – When you take a project into your own hands, you can stop and start at any time. Unless the floor is being installed in a room you need to use frequently, you can go as slowly or as quickly as time and money permit.
DIY Floor Installation – Cons
- DIY takes longer – As ambitious and hard-working as you are, most DIY projects take significantly more time to complete than a professionally done job. Professionals are used to the work at hand and know exactly how many people it will take to complete the job on schedule.
- Mistakes – Whenever you try something for the first few times, mistakes are inevitable. Even if guests don’t notice the mistakes, you will.
- Supply cost is higher – Unless you already have all of the necessary tools at your disposal, you’ll be paying a lot more in supply costs to purchase everything you’ll need for your floor installation
- Professional installations look better and lasts longer – Whether its floor installation or football, it’s hard to do a better job than a reputable professional.
Working on a team of professional flooring installers, we admit this post in biased. But that is because we take pride in our craft and truly believe in the value of a professionally done job. We know that costs are a concern for most people, that’s why we offer:
- NO-CHARGE to project estimate (including visit your job site).
- One-on-one appointments after hours or on weekends to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
- Call or e-mail us and we will open just for you. None of our competitors provide this!
- Installation service that handles every aspect of your project
- Match or beat any retail competitor’s price, including the home centers.
If you do decide to go DIY, we offer on-site assistance to make sure your project gets started on the right track.