With the arrival of fall, I start thinking about spiced teas, afternoon walks in the cool air, and wrapping myself in a blanket in a cozy room. To me, a lush soft carpet is one of the best ways to make a room cozy and inviting. With the cool air and holidays approaching, is there a room in your house that could use a little carpet TLC? Here are some tips to invigorate your existing carpet so that friends and family feel comfortable lounging during those chilly days.
Five Ways to Reinvigorate A Carpeted Room
- Get a professional cleaning – A professional carpet cleaning can remove stains and smells that ordinary vacuuming and spot scrubbing can’t. If you can’t afford to have someone clean your carpet, you can rent a carpet steam cleaner from a local vacuum store.
- Sprinkle the carpet with carpet powder before vacuuming – This little trick will deodorize your carpet, leaving it smelling fresh. Every product is a bit different, so follow the instructions on the box for best results.
- Cover stained spots – Occasionally, spots remain even after cleaning. Consider rearranging furniture or even covering large stains with a small area rug to hide imperfections
- Deodorize the rest of the room – Sometimes your carpet takes the blame for off smells when it could be furniture or other absorbent surfaces. Cleaning couches, chairs, drapes, waste bins, and other places odors can hide will freshen up the entire room.
- Pumpkin spice it – It doesn’t have to be pumpkin spice per se, but adding some fragrance to a room with candles, potpourri, or diffusers can change the ambiance for the better. And if you are one of the few trying to avoid pumpkin spice this fall, good luck!
If these tips aren’t doing the trick or your carpet is ready for a replacement, stop by our showroom and see the latest colors and textures. Modern carpets are softer, more stain resistant, and more durable than older materials. And for the entire month of October, we are offering carpet installation is FREE of charge.